Frequently Asked Questions
If your question isn't listed or you need more help please give us a call on (08) 9456-3900. You can also get quick answers by using our instant chat system, or by submitting a message using the contact form at the bottom of this page.
How do I pay for my move?
- EFT / Direct Deposit. This is our preferred method and a $10 DISCOUNT applies to all EFT payments. Just transfer $10 less than the amount owing. Be sure to include your job reference number so we can easily identify your payment!
- Credit Card. We accept Visa and MasterCard with NO SURCHARGE. We can accept AMEX by phone only and a surcharge is applicable. You can provide card details over the phone or to the furniture removalists on the day (car carriers cannot accept payments for car transport services).
- Bank cheque. Personal cheques cannot be accepted.
- Cash. You may pay by cash on pickup for fixed price furniture removals, or on delivery for hourly rate jobs. Again, car carriers cannot accept cash payments for car transport services.
How much notice is required when making a booking?
Do PMR provide storage?
We are always happy to pickup or deliver to third party storage facilities. Generally, you will need to provide your chosen facility with written authorisation for us to access your storage unit.
Should I label my removal boxes and other items?
Wherever possible, we supply adhesive labels for our furniture removalists and we will otherwise label your goods if they come through a depot or wharehouse. However, many jobs are allocated to removalists whilst they are on the road. Making it difficult, and sometimes impossible, to provide them with labels for every job.
So it's best to label them yourselves to ensure that they are not mis-delivered or held up along the way.
When labelling your items it's recommended that you include:
- Your job reference number;
- Your name, or the name you have provided for delivery;
- The delivery address;
- Your contact number;
- The room that the items belongs in at your destination (optional);
What do I need to do on moving day?
It's also important that you, or a representative acting on your behalf, is there to see that everything that needs to be moved is collected. If nobody is in attandance, which is not unusual, it needs to be very clear what is and isn't supposed to picked up by your removalist.
If there is limited parking then you should take whatever steps you can to ensure that the truck has the best possible access to your property. This may mean that you move your cars out of the driveway, or reserve a couple of spots with your own cars (the night before) where street parking is required. Every situation is different, but some common sense and forethought can make all the difference.
When can I expect delivery?
Can I reschedule move move date?
What if I have more or less stuff?
You should speak to us on the day before your move to finalise any changes in your inventory. We will adjust your price accordingly. We work on a sliding scale, which generally means that the more you have to move, the less it will cost per cubic metre. So you shouldn't expect any substantial price increases unless you've got a huge amount more to take than initially communicated.
If, on the day of your move, you have substantially more items than you've previously listed, we will have to adjust the price to account for the volume you've taken. If, on the other hand, you have less to move at this late stage, we will not be able to reduce your price because we have already reserved that space and we can no longer sell it.
What can I do to make sure my quote is accurate?
When getting a quote online, or over the phone, it's important that you communicate anything that could effect the job price. Mostly, this boils down to anything that could effect the size of the job or the time, equipment, manpower, or authorisation required to get the job done. There's no 'exhaustive list' but some common sense and forethought will cover most things.
Some information you should convey:
- An accurate list of what needs to be moved;
- Stairs or elevators involved, including the number of floors and any bookings that need to be made with property management;
- Forms and documents that need to be completed for property management;
- Parking limitations, restrictions or payments required;
- Long driveways, walks or impediments;
- Overhanging trees;
- Low clearance heights;
- Office hours for commercial locations;
- Special handling instructions or requirements for items;
- Any other restrictions or other issues with accessing the building at pickup or delivery.
Where can I purchase boxes and other packing supplies?
Having said that, we can deliver boxes, paper, tape and a wide selection of packing materials direct to your door in most areas. Minimum orders may apply and it's best to speak to one of our team members on (08) 9456-3900 to check prices and availability.
Service Terms ?
Click here for our initial suggested service terms. You can vary these terms if you like by emailing us your requested changes and we will requote accordingly. If you don't make any changes then these terms and conditions will apply to our agreement.